Monday, December 22, 2014

and the journey begins...

Hello friends and family! This is my new travel blog! I have created this as a way for you to keep up with my adventures while I am abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I will do my best to post every week. I just want to take a moment to thank you for all of your love and support. This is my first big endeavor, and watching you all come together to be a part of it has filled my heart with joy and gratitude!

So now, you may be wondering. What exactly and I doing? Why am I going to Buenos Aires? Well, I am going as a foreign exchange student with a study abroad program called SOL Education Abroad. I am going with approx. 20 other students (my SOLmates). They are all from different parts of the United States, I am the only student coming from Colorado! I chose Argentina for two reasons. The first, I am a Spanish Language Minor; and second, it is my dream to backpack through South America. I made a deal with the Universe. I said "I want to back pack South America, show me the way." And the second day of my Spanish class last spring, a young woman came and talked to us about study abroad and wah-lah, a sign from the Universe. I signed up immediately, got accepted into the program, and I have been preparing ever since.

What is your plan?, you may ask. Well, I will be a student at Belgrano College for 6 months. The first month I will be taking an intensive Spanish course, 3-5 hours a day, for 30 days. That way, I will be able to speak Spanish while I am there. For the rest of the college semester, I will be in English speaking classes. I am taking "Gender Studies in South America, Argentinian Literature, The History of South America, and Advanced Spanish 1 &2". We will go on multiple excursions on the weekends, of which I will be sure to post. During the week, we are to participate in two cultural activities, which I have not picked mine yet, but I am thinking pottery and tango classes!


I will be staying with a host family. They will house and feed me three times a day. I will have a roommate from the program living with me. After the semester is over, I plan to backpack from hostel to hostel through the entire continent of South American (at least until the money runs out). I am hoping that one of my SOLmates will stay and travel with me, but I'm trusting the process.


My goals for this experience are simple. I want to learn Spanish, meet new people, and explore as much of this beautiful and diverse continent as I can. I believe that the experience of traveling abroad will expand my perception of the world. It will open me up to a new way of being, and interacting with other people. I want to deepen my spirituality and becoming a distinguished traveler so I am take on other parts of the world as well!

Please feel free to email me at luckyjupiter.kh@gmail.com or you can contact me through the app called "Viber" I have it downloaded on my phone.

May love and light find you always. I can feel your love and support in my heart! Om Shanti.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, I think this is your 2nd huge adventure. Remember your big move to CO from KY. You made steps to change your life and you have in so many ways. I am so proud of you and can't wait to hear and see what's next for you. I'm praying for you and love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete